There´s an old saying “it could only happen in America” which usually refers to something oddly humorous. Here´s a list of what we discovered ourselves while there for three months.
- TV shows with adverts bunged together that seemed to last longer than what you´re watching. (It was before the days of IPTV).
- Chemists selling ice cream, fizzy drinks, and candy??
- Compulsory ID cards in a free country, when a drivers licence or passport should be good enough.
- Prices displayed on everything without tax included.
- Money (bills) all looks the same.
Ah those were the days,, now the phrase “God Bless America” has a truly profound meaning, and there are no quirks.
Amidst a pandemic with numbers rocketing, an economic financial disaster, protests on the streets, people without food and can´t pay rent, a divided nation. Your presidential dictator / medical expert goes playing golf for two days.
He belongs in a mental institution wearing a straight jacket with a mask glued on his ugly face. Hey, make a statue out of that, surround it with a see through wall and a plaque:
“In honour of the demented pathological liar who broke the USA
Donald Jessica Trump.
Please wash hands after taking a piss here.”
Across the pond we watch in horror,, and now Europe has closed airspace to the USA. It´s not possible for anyone to MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
Ah well, in happier times, here´s me at South Miami Beach.
Our thoughts are with you.